- Recycled aluminum saves 95% energy vs. virgin aluminum; recycling of one aluminum can saves enough energy to run a TV for 3 hours.
- If we recycled every plastic bottle we used, we would keep 2 billion tons of plastic out of landfills.
- Production of recycled paper uses 80% less water, 65% less energy and produces 95% less air pollution than virgin paper production.
- Recycled glass saves 50% energy vs. virgin glass; recycling of one glass container saves enough energy to light a 100-watt bulb for 4 hours.
- Energy-saving lightbulbs last around ten times longer than ordinary lightbulbs- over 10,000 hours.
- A ton of recycled paper equals or saves 17 trees in paper production.
- Lawns only need watering once a week, post rain only after two weeks. If you must water your lawn, do it early in the morning before any moisture is lost to evaporation.
- Avoiding just 10 miles of driving every week would eliminate about 500 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions a year!
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth and soaping your hands. This can save around 16 litres a day. That's 11,000 litre of water per person per year.
- A laptop is more environment friendly than a desktop. It consumes five times less electricity.
- Enable the power save mode on your computer. Activating it is an easy way to save energy and money.
- Avoid using screen savers. It doesn't put your computer into sleep mode, and in some cases using a screen saver can prevent your computer from powering down.